Brahmas, Faverolles

rootandbloom

Chirping
Dec 16, 2023
Are these breeds friendly if handled a lot as chicks? We have Ayam Cemanis currently (our Crevecoeurs were killed by a mink) and they are beautiful but very flighty and not interested in attention as per their nature. We just ordered the above breeds to arrive in early February but I can still alter my order. The kids want friendlier breeds. Interested in large fluffy breeds.

Last edited:
Faverolles are pretty calm birds. Mine we always at the bottom of the pecking order. They were very friendly. Not sure of the Brahma. Haven't own enough of them.

Both Brahmas ive owned are extremly friendly and not flighty. The one i have now is in the middle of the pecking order, she is super nice to the others and a strong layer.

Ive never owned Faverolles, but they are on my chicken breed to own list.

Brahma's are a great calm breed for kids!Good layers too! I have a Dark Brahma hen who is super sweet,calm and curious.This breed does best with similarly gentle breeds or they will get picked on,Salmon faverolle's should do very well with them,they are known for being friendly.

Brahma's are a great calm breed for kids!Good layers too! I have a Dark Brahma hen who is super sweet,calm and curious.This breed does best with similarly gentle breeds or they will get picked on,Salmon faverolle's should do very well with them,they are known for being friendly.
Yes they can get picked on if in the bottom of the pecking order, but theg are gentle and so sweet.

We have a coup with 6 of our 12 being Brahmas. They are big, friendly and productive for us. Our mix includes 2 light, 2 buff, and 2 dark. One of the dark girls is my buddy, will sit in my lap without treats just to get her head and neck scratched. I swear she purrs and I watch her eyes close. What wonderful critters!

Back
Top Bottom