Brakel (and related breeds) Thread

I don't know if it is the henfeathering gene that causes th difference in pattern.

O and by the way if you have some Campines to much,i always have place fore some.
wink.png

Yep indeed,the small country with crappy weather but beautiful chicken breeds : Belgium
big_smile.png

So I reckon you're not in the US? But Belgium? Holland?

We imported a single silver brakel hen a number of years ago and later a pair of gold Brakel. Pretty birds, very flighty, and we eventually sold off our breeders. We no longer sell Brakel. I believe another importer also brought in silver Brakel to the US. Not sure where they are at this point. You may be able to find Brakel in the US that are descended from these imports.

That golden rooster,you can't really say if it is a good animal,you only have a front view.

But the hen is a really bad hen.
Look at her,her eyes are orange,her comb doesn't flop,her beak is black,and so are her legs.
Her pattern is bad,and she has a completely black tail.

That golden rooster,you can't really say if it is a good animal,you only have a front view.

But the hen is a really bad hen.
Look at her,her eyes are orange,her comb doesn't flop,her beak is black,and so are her legs.
Her pattern is bad,and she has a completely black tail.

That's interesting. Thanks. Do you have a written standard for Brakel?

Yes there is one,but only in Dutch,I'm going to translate it this weekend or so.

Ow and by the way,tomorrow 30 eggs should hatch
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom