Breed guesses for week olds ~pic heavy~

What adorable chickies!

In your post post, 2, 3, 6, 8, 11, 14, 15, 19, 21 and 22 all look like EEs to me.
I'll bet that the brown-head is a Fayoumi and I have one of those, too.
I have 2 Fayoumi pullets, hatch date 8/24 last year, of which one has just gone broody. They are flighty and lay small/medium eggs. Since I want eggs for sale, they are likely to be sold or culled.

Yellows 12, 14, 15 and 20 all look like EEs to me.
I also have some of the yellow-gray bodies with whiter wings. No clue what they will turn out to be.
My yellow top hats look like this at 3 weeks.

In your feather-footed list (FF), I have two of #3. The leg feathers weren't apparent upon arrival.
Does the FF chick #7 have teeny-tiny wings? If it does, I have one of those, too.
love.gif
I'd like it to stay the size it is and let me carry it in my pocket.

hmm, green legs...
WHY didnt I notice green legs HAHAHA. thats funny.
I am very excited for the Fayoumis too! So is my Bf he is actually Egyptian and says he knows the breed well and said they are good chickens! I told him he cannot eat it -.- . Kind of wish I got more then one, but I am quite happy with the variety.
Thank you so much for the tips though they really help. I am going to have to write a list and take it out to the barn with me its just those dang yellow ones. Im thinking of keeping one of each breed. But my luck Ill keep all the roos.
barnie.gif
My first chicks were silkies all 3 roo's. THe first time I hatched the entire hatch was roo's. Im good at getting 100% roo's.
I looked back at the pictures, and to be honest, their legs don't look too green right now.
smile.png
I guess I just listed that as a breed trait rather than noticing it on your babies!
lol.png

They ARE!
big_smile.png
Our Fayoumis are fabulous free-rangers, great predator evaders, and they're so tough. Isn't it thought that they are resistant to Avian Influenza?

Ha ha, it's always the yellow or chipmunk-striped ones that are SOOOOOO hard to identify, because there are so many breeds that look like that!
he.gif

Oh no, that's awful! I've got 9 cockerels right now, so try not to feel too bad......
tongue.png
lau.gif

~Alex

You're likely to have quite a few roosters in there, so you might want to wait to decide which ones you're keeping. LOL. I've been disappointed before because the ones I really wanted to keep ended up being roos.

I had and Egyptian Fayoumis before. She was very pretty and we called her Jezebel, but she was super flighty. She kept trying to go broody but would freak out if anyone went in the coop. It was an explosion of squawking and feathers so she never did stay broody. Fortunately our super sweet Phoenix likes to go broody.

Your chicks are cute as the dickens - from the first group of photos I LOVE # 13- what a doll!! Think they are way too young to make any

5 and anyone you think looks like 5 is a beautiful barred rock pullet.

13 and maybe a couple more (couldn't tell from pics) is a silver spangled appenzeller spitzhauben. These are rare and on a list of less than 7 breeders and 1000 birds. Keep him/her safe!

I only know these breeds since they're the only 2 I have.

Back
Top Bottom