breed / Sex?

wcpeterik

Chirping
May 4, 2015
new pictures from Yesterday. Three pictures of each

Is this a Belgian or Cochin? Rooster?

Belgian, Cochin? Pullet?

Cochin? Pullet?

They are all Cochins the first one is a black Cochin cockerel, the second is a Siver Laced Wyanndotte pullet, not sure on coloring but it's a Cochin pullet.

The first one is Bug. His comb didn't develop until just a few days ago. At first we thought he was a she since our Silver Laced Seabright had already showed he was a cockerel quite a while ago. The second one which you say is a silver laced Wyanndotte pullet, I thought was a cochin or Belgian since it has feathered legs. I do agree it is a pullet. And the last from the very beginning I figured it was a Cochin and a pullet.

Thank you for confirming the breads for me. There is another chick (bottom of the pecking order)that looks just like the second set of three pictures and I am pretty sure is a pullet. did not get a picture of her because she likes to either sit quietly in the tall grass or in a corner of the enclosure. She comes out once in a while but usually runs back in when there is excitement.

The first one is Bug. His comb didn't develop until just a few days ago. At first we thought he was a she since our Silver Laced Seabright had already showed he was a cockerel quite a while ago. The second one which you say is a silver laced Wyanndotte pullet, I thought was a cochin or Belgian since it has feathered legs. I do agree it is a pullet. And the last from the very beginning I figured it was a Cochin and a pullet.

Thank you for confirming the breads for me. There is another chick (bottom of the pecking order)that looks just like the second set of three pictures and I am pretty sure is a pullet. did not get a picture of her because she likes to either sit quietly in the tall grass or in a corner of the enclosure. She comes out once in a while but usually runs back in when there is excitement.
Sorry I meant to write Silver Laced Wyanndotte Cochin.

why do you say the second one is a cockerel? its comb is the same size shape and color as the cochin pullet? It just doesn't look like the black cochin cockerel and thought it was a pullet

Back
Top Bottom