Breed??

amyt21

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2016
The burg. Florida
So I kno she is still young and a lot of breeds can look like this but I figured its worth a shot
[/IMG]

Greenish legs and muff/beard...Easter Egger.

Nice even partridge pattern...likely female...watch and wait. Females will have very even patterns develop while males have blotchy colors.

Too early to be certain, but it looks like it may be getting the classic female pattern.

Time will tell.

LofMc

Is it just the picture, or does she really have a bit of brown on her head? I'm seeing some yellow skin through that dark wash on her legs/feet. My guess is that she is a black sexlink or Jersey Giant. It's possible that she was mature and laying before you bought her, but a combination of the moving stress and short winter days or molting have kept her from laying. Looks like she is just about ready to resume laying.

That's not barring. Barring is alternating bands of black and white. That is juvenile partridge-type patterning. It will give way to penciling as the bird matures.
No idea what breed yet.

Agree not barring...not Barred Rock...partridge pattern of some sort coming in...but we would need to see a full profile shot of the chick and a head shot to see comb to have any real guess.

What color are the legs? (It's hard to tell the color tone...are they greenish? If so, I can make an initial guess that it might be an Easter Egger if it has greenish legs, but again a full profile shot is necessary for any kind of educated guess.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom