Breed??

Greenish legs and muff/beard...Easter Egger.

Nice even partridge pattern...likely female...watch and wait. Females will have very even patterns develop while males have blotchy colors.

Too early to be certain, but it looks like it may be getting the classic female pattern.

Time will tell.

LofMc

Anyone have a guess on this female. I bought her about a month ago for two dollars!!! Hey said she was already laying but her comb and waddles were so small actually the same size as two of my females who are about 5months since I've had her her waddles and comb have doubled in size.

Is it just the picture, or does she really have a bit of brown on her head? I'm seeing some yellow skin through that dark wash on her legs/feet. My guess is that she is a black sexlink or Jersey Giant. It's possible that she was mature and laying before you bought her, but a combination of the moving stress and short winter days or molting have kept her from laying. Looks like she is just about ready to resume laying.

Anyone have a guess on this female. I bought her about a month ago for two dollars!!! Hey said she was already laying but her comb and waddles were so small actually the same size as two of my females who are about 5months since I've had her her waddles and comb have doubled in size.

Many sellers of chickens may have been used car salesmen in a previous life..
lau.gif
Was he wearing a leisure jacket,
gig.gif

BUT I THINK YOU DID EXCELLENT @ $2

I'm not seeing a typical Black Sexlink or Jersey Giant.

She looks like a mix to me with possibly some game thrown in, possibly Sumatra mix (purplish face with a lot of black in beak and eye area).

Pretty little bird though. Size and color of egg may help define what some of her genetic background might be.

$2 chicken is a good deal (unless she never lays).

LofMc

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom