4 of my ducks are co-parenting ducklings together. Normal?

Rouen Mom

In the Brooder
May 16, 2024
2 of my girls were sitting on their own respective nests, but Kingsleys eggs ended up not hatching, which she was very sad about my poor baby. The next day I go out and see her and her sister Freddie both sitting on Freddie's nest. Yesterday was hatch day, and since then both couples (Amadeus and Freddie Joy and Edward Darius and Kingsley) have all 4 been sharing parenting responsibilities.

Has anyone else ever had this experience? I'm getting cuteness overload ❤️!! Here's a photo of the 2 mommies sitting on the nest being bossy and telling me "hands off the ducklings " 🐥 😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240515_203333_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240515_203333_Gallery.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 15
2 of my girls were sitting on their own respective nests, but Kingsleys eggs ended up not hatching, which she was very sad about my poor baby. The next day I go out and see her and her sister Freddie both sitting on Freddie's nest. Yesterday was hatch day, and since then both couples (Amadeus and Freddie Joy and Edward Darius and Kingsley) have all 4 been sharing parenting responsibilities.

Has anyone else ever had this experience? I'm getting cuteness overload ❤️!! Here's a photo of the 2 mommies sitting on the nest being bossy and telling me "hands off the ducklings " 🐥 😅
Awe, that's adorable!! ❤️

Yes, many poultry will co-parent in certain situations, usually successfully too. My silkies did it a few times. That's going to be cute when babies are marching behind two moms instead of one.

Back
Top Bottom