Breeders/hatcheries Utah

Chase hatchery. I have read some of the opinions on here about the hatchery. It is a local private business that people should support. Yes it is small and it's at the owners home. It is also clean and well kept. I bought and have ordered chickens from here. The owner is very nice and her guidelines are clear when ordering a bird about the hatching date. The hatching date she makes herself available all day for people to pick up their order. That is my personal opinion of the hatchery.

There's an ad on KSL classifieds from someone in Levan, Utah named Cindee who sells English Orpingtons. Has anyone bought chooks from her?

I've lost two to suspected Marek's and my chicks all had coccidiosis too. If you are in Northern Utah and don't mind a drive, check out Cache Poultry.

I'm getting so nervous reading this. 3 weeks ago we bought 4 chicks from her. They were older 4 and 6 weeks. They seem really healthy although I do not think they are Easter eggers, like she said they were, but I'm a new chicken Owner so I'm not sure. Would my chickens be showing signs of disease if they are sick?

I bought 4 chicks from Chase 3 weeks ago. They were 4 and 6 weeks old and seem healthy. I'm really nervous now. When would I notice that they have Mareks or other diseases?

Kelly, we have two that are thriving from her. It's kind of wait and see. And we can't guarantee the illness came from her. I just didn't like the overall experience and she is far from me.

Thanks for the feedback UTAHEM! They all seem to be doing really well. I'm just crossing my fingers and toes, feeding them probiotics, garlic and herbs. I don't even know if that will help but it makes me feel better
1f602.png

Chase hatchery. I have read some of the opinions on here about the hatchery. It is a local private business that people should support. Yes it is small and it's at the owners home. It is also clean and well kept. I bought and have ordered chickens from here. The owner is very nice and her guidelines are clear when ordering a bird about the hatching date. The hatching date she makes herself available all day for people to pick up their order. That is my personal opinion of the hatchery.

That is SO unbelievably untrue. She definitely does NOT make herself available nor replies to emails, texts or phone calls. You can only pick your chicks up by appointment. When I ordered from her, yes I had wanted to pick them up a couple days after their hatch date but had I known she would sale my expensive prepaid chicks to somebody else I would have jumped in the car immediately. The problem was not that I didn't pick them up on hatch date. The problem was when I tried to schedule an appointment since I was clearly instructed by her NOT to just show up at her house..... she would not reply. Then because I missed the date she did not have my chicks nor did she offer a refund. The fault was 100% hers. Not to mention the conditions and cleanliness are horrid and the one chick I did end up getting from her died within 24 hrs and her CLEAR policies state she would honor a 24 hour guarantee, which she did not. I'm assuming this review was written by one of her friends or her herself.

We appreciate those interested in getting chick's from us. I do want to respond to the posts on here just to give a fair response. This started as a hobby, incubating in a small table top incubator with a neighbors fertile eggs as hatch projects back from 2012. Our first couple years we did sex them ourselves because we was just that small and only doing a couple batches, however we also offered a replacement if you got a roo. We now have and have for a couple years a professional vent sex them which is 90% guaranteed, standard for any hatchery. We didn't ever expect it to grow into more than hatching out a couple batches as a hobby. We definitely learned a lot on how to do things better, be cleaner, biosecurity procedures, and getting our eggs from a cleaner source. New for 2016 sesson, we've built a new barn and only get eggs from NPIP certified sources to guarantee the health. Like some of the posts said there's no way to say any sickness came from us. We don't vaccinate our chick's and we make that known so even a bird flying over head could drop who knows what in your yard and your chicken could catch something but it's better than feeding vaccinated chicken eggs to your family, kinda defeats the whole purpose of doing them yourself.

The main lady "lookingforchick" that said the first big post was upset that I wasn't responding to her emails while I was in the hospital having my baby which I responded within 12 hours of when she picked up her chicks, yip I let her come while I was in labor along with about 25 other people cuz that was hatch pick up day, I was running around getting ready to go to the hospital, getting my boys dressed etc so I could see how it could have looked. She let her chick get too cold and yes it didn't make it so she was pretty furious and even after letting her know I was in the hospital having my baby she calmed down some and I offered to let her get a replacement which she didn't pick up or notify me she wasn't going to pick up till days later, almost a week after they hatched. Please notice too that all the negative posts are from a total of 3 people reposting things.

We've sold thousands of chicks to hundreds of people. We truly do what we can, learn from our mistakes and even help others know how to do it better. We appreciate feedback because we do care. We've gotten really good feedback this year and am excited for the growth. Please feel free to send any comments to me at [email protected]. Thank you!

PS - We really appreciate our supporting customers and those choosing to buy local and support a local business.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom