breeding 55 Flowery Leghorns

Pics

Del Boy

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
I like the appearance of this very rare breed but I can,t seem to source any. So I wondered would it be possible to create my own line by adding the mottled gene to Cream Legbars using my Anconas.Any idea how best to go about it ,how many generations would it take
Thanks

Any eggs from your legbar x 55 crosses? I'd love to see pics!

I haven't separated them out from the layers yet to see what their eggs look like. Here is one of the Legbar (Opal Legbar) x 55 Flowery Hens.

OLBxFFF.jpg

I like the appearance of this very rare breed but I can,t seem to source any. So I wondered would it be possible to create my own line by adding the mottled gene to Cream Legbars using my Anconas.Any idea how best to go about it ,how many generations would it take
Thanks
I have been wondering the same thing. I have the 'recipe' saved somewhere that would call for a light brown leghorn, barred leghorn, and ancona. I was laying in bed the other night thinking about my legbars and where I want to go with them, then the idea of the fifty-five flowery came to mind again and it seems like it would be easy enough. The strain made with legbars would most likely retain the blue eggs but it's no big deal

Back
Top Bottom