Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
My broody Cochin banty Frek has so far hatched out2 chicks. 1 from my fancy SQ SF B/B/S Cochin pen and a Cochin Buff brahma cross.

Update on my chickens. The older ones are 11 weeks old now and the chicks hatched by the broody are 5? weeks old. Their mom left them already to hatch even more eggs and I have another hen sitting on 9 eggs that are due to hatch Tuesday. I'll put pictures of those chicks up if and when they hatch.

Update on my chickens. The older ones are 11 weeks old now and the chicks hatched by the broody are 5? weeks old. Their mom left them already to hatch even more eggs and I have another hen sitting on 9 eggs that are due to hatch Tuesday. I'll put pictures of those chicks up if and when they hatch.

Pretty birds!

can I bring this thread back to life? I just hatched out 4 chicks and have 20 more in the incubator due in a week... my only roo is a BSL (I think, my juvenile blue marans isn't through puberty yet) and laying hens are 6 isa brown, 3 green laying EE, 1 brown laying EE and 1 BSL/BCM.

Of those that hatched, 1 was from a green egg, black with a white spot on head, pea comb, puffy cheeks.
2 from brown eggs black with white spot, single comb (1 feathering out barred, 1 partial barring if that's possible).
1 from brown egg is yellow chick feathering in white with yellow legs!

Not sure what they're all gonna look like, but I'm excited about my barnyard mixes, Darwin's grab bag!

Back
Top Bottom