Breeding and Raising and Hatching of Barnyard Chickens!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have any barnyard chickens?

• Yes and I love to breed them

Votes: 93 57.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • No and I'm glad

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
My silki eggs hatched. 5 made it in lockdown and all 5 hatched. None were showgirls.
sad.png

The two mixes I hatched look all grown up. They should lay eggs very soon. The younger mixes are doing great as well.Growing like weeds!

My silki eggs hatched. 5 made it in lockdown and all 5 hatched. None were showgirls.
sad.png

The two mixes I hatched look all grown up. They should lay eggs very soon. The younger mixes are doing great as well.Growing like weeds!
NONE???
hit.gif
I had one first generation silkie/nn hatch (so far pure white) from my last hatch. I was hoping it'd be a roo so I could breed him back to my silkie hens and start my own line, but I have a feeling she's she and I don't have silkie roos and don't need anymore roos...lol

Congrats on the 5 though. That's great. Great the others are doing well too.

NONE???
hit.gif
I had one first generation silkie/nn hatch (so far pure white) from my last hatch. I was hoping it'd be a roo so I could breed him back to my silkie hens and start my own line, but I have a feeling she's she and I don't have silkie roos and don't need anymore roos...lol

Congrats on the 5 though. That's great. Great the others are doing well too.
They were from a pen with both silkie and showgirls and it was the luck of the draw. I have one NN girl, one silkie girl and a silkie Roo (silkies are still young), Plus the 5 that just hatched and some NN eggs coming. I WILL GET MY SHOWGIRLS!!! lol

I ended up with 5 nns last hatch, including my nn/silkie plus my original nn/ee hen. My nn roo is on his way out the door for being overly aggressive. I also have 4 silkie hens. If the nn/silkie would only turn out to be a roo, I'd be happy....lol

That is why I love silkie Roosters. They are so calm and friendly, at least in my experience. I use to have two at the same time with a larger roo. They never fought.
He's the only roo I have that is like that. He's fine with the my other roo that is in that coop, just likes to attack people. I hatched and reared him and he's just a bad name I can't say here..lol

Back
Top Bottom