Breeding Frost White Legbar (White Sport Cream Legbar)

missdawne71

Hatching
Sep 19, 2016
If I want to get Frost White Legbar chicks do I breed my Frost White Legbar rooster to my Frost White Legbar hen? What will I get if I breed my Cream Crested Legbar rooster to my Frost White Legbar hen and vise versa? Do the Frost White Legbar chicks pop up in breeding a Cream Crested rooster to a Cream Crested hen? Thank you!

If I want to get Frost White Legbar chicks do I breed my Frost White Legbar rooster to my Frost White Legbar hen? What will I get if I breed my Cream Crested Legbar rooster to my Frost White Legbar hen and vise versa? Do the Frost White Legbar chicks pop up in breeding a Cream Crested rooster to a Cream Crested hen? Thank you!

White legbars are recessive white sports of the regular legbars, that means they hid the normal legbar pattern under the white color, if you breed a white legbar with another white legbar you will be white legbars, but if you bree white legbars with a regular legbars the chicks will have the normal legbar pattern because the all white is recessive in them.

I know this is an old post but hoping someone can answer. What will I get if I breed my white sport roo to my Opal legbar?

White Legbars, as was posted above, are a sport of Cream Legbars so should be Cream underneath their recessive white exterior. Opal Legbars are Cream Legbars with lavender. Both lavender and recessive white are recessive genes, so crossing the two varieties together should just get you Cream Legbars that carry both recessive white and lavender.

I run cream, white and lavender Legbars and it's a fun combination having multiple recessives sound in your line after a couple of generations 😅

These days I prefer the whites so I can focus better on body type and production qualities and not get so distracted by color and pattern. It's really nice that they're all compatible. It's a bit rare to have multiple different varieties that can all be crossed to one another without messing things up outside of BBS.

Back
Top Bottom