Breeding Recommendations

Mar 29, 2023
Okay. Recently my sweet Dark Brahma was attacked by a bald eagle and died two days later.šŸ˜¢ We are hatching her two eggs to try to at least have her chicks even though she died. I am going to hatch her two eggs, which leaves 6 spots left since I am going to hatch eight chicks. I need some breeding recommendations for the six spots left, so can you guys please help me by offering ideas for crosses? My rooster is a Australorp and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cross, picture shown at ā€œFirst time in a society like thisā€. Our currently laying hens include a gray colored Australorp-something cross, two Olive Eggers, two blue-laying Easter Eggers, a Barnevelder, a Salmon Faverolle, and a White Crested Polish. What to you sounds like an interesting cross? Please comment cross ideas.

Last edited:
Okay. Recently my sweet Dark Brahma was attacked by a bald eagle and died two days later.šŸ˜¢ We are hatching her two eggs to try to at least have her chicks even though she died. I am going to hatch her two eggs, which leaves 6 spots left since I am going to hatch eight chicks. I need some breeding recommendations for the six spots left, so can you guys please help me by offering ideas for crosses? My rooster is a Australorp and Blue Laced Red Wyandotte cross, picture shown at ā€œFirst time in a society like thisā€. Our currently laying hens include a gray colored Australorp-something cross, two Olive Eggers, two blue-laying Easter Eggers, a Barnevelder, a Salmon Faverolle, and a White Crested Polish. What to you sounds like an interesting cross? Please comment cross ideas.

The Easter/Olive Egger offspring will be colored layers. I personally would just go for whatever since you don't have anything in mind. Maybe an egg or two from each breed.

I would just set as they are laid. Take photos of the eggs and label them by hens name if you know who's they are. I'm sure you'll get some interesting chicks. Good luck, I hope you get a female brahma cross!

Back
Top Bottom