Brenda or Brandon?

mbcerri

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2023
Western North Carolina
Good morning! I’ve had my 5 mixed breed girls for a little over a month now and they were born at the end of June. One of my girls, Brenda, is now officially taller than my silkie roo, so I sent a message to the friend that gave me the hens just as an update. I always send him pictures and share my adventures. He told me that he is now thinking Brenda might be Brandon. She is about 4.5 months old and there is no crowing but she is kind of short with some of the other hens sometimes. (An occasional peck but no fighting). No crowing or signs of crowing. She seems like a more dominate female to me. There are no negative interactions between Brenda and Pecker (my silkie too).

What do you think? Does she look like Brenda or Brandon? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpeg
    IMG_0161.jpeg
    996 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0156.jpeg
    IMG_0156.jpeg
    923.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0153.jpeg
    IMG_0153.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
POL stands for point of lay. Hopefully she's not so close to laying. That comb is pretty bright though. Hopefully half or one more month
Thank you so much for the info! You are correct, she is not laying yet. (None of the girls are) I honestly just figured they wouldn’t lay until the days started getting longer again based on everything I have read, or in the spring. She definitely looks the most mature of the group. No doubt about that. Thanks again for your help!!

I am seeing some bright and a tad pointy hackles. On the body I see nothing at all,
I think I see some at the base of the tail, could be wrong though. I also think those neck feathers look a bit pointy.

honestly. You could definitely be right. Could you maybe get some closer pics of the saddle area OP? Saddle feathers are no joke

Back
Top Bottom