Bresse chicken

Donaldduck111

Hatching
Oct 11, 2023
Hey y’all I recently bought some bresse hatching eggs and one of the chicks has green/bluish legs and another one has white/blue legs, does anyone that has bresse chickens have had something similar happen to them ? Could they be cross bred ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 35
Only thing I know about Breese chickens,,,,,,, they are supposed to be delicious>>:drool:drool:drool
Never ate one personally,,, They also have to be on a certain diet to achieve that delicious taste. Those French chefs/cooks do know some secrets.
Sorry I cant help you with the leg colors.:frow

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

The yellowish/green legs indicate that the bird will have yellow skin. Bresse are supposed to have white skin and slate colored legs. I can't say for sure that it is a mix, since the American version of the Bresse seems to be a relatively new creation, and that means that the traits of the breed may not be totally fixed yet. But it could be a mix as well.

So, what to do? First I would contact the breeder and ask questions, if possible. If the answers are not satisfactory, don't buy from that person again. Then I would wait and see what the birds look like as they mature. It may become obvious that you have mixes, or maybe not. Time will tell. If you are looking to set up your own breeding pen, I wouldn't include the one with green legs.

The yellowish/green legs indicate that the bird will have yellow skin. Bresse are supposed to have white skin and slate colored legs. I can't say for sure that it is a mix, since the American version of the Bresse seems to be a relatively new creation, and that means that the traits of the breed may not be totally fixed yet. But it could be a mix as well.

So, what to do? First I would contact the breeder and ask questions, if possible. If the answers are not satisfactory, don't buy from that person again. Then I would wait and see what the birds look like as they mature. It may become obvious that you have mixes, or maybe not. Time will tell. If you are looking to set up your own breeding pen, I wouldn't include the one with green legs.
Thanks it’s kinda difficult to figure it out, you’re right I’m going to eat him

Back
Top Bottom