Brinsea 40 Information needed.

Framac

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
New Berlin
I got a 40 EX incubator, and am having a hard time finding any information on how well people do with their hatches, or even a product review.

I have 2 Styrofoam incubators, and my hatching success has decreased over the last few years. I am attributing most of my issues to humidity, as I have a lot of 21 day quitters, fully developed, but not hatching.

I am looking for any wisdom, advise, or even wives tales on what may have worked, or what can help it do better.

Thanks,

Framac

I've got a 40 Ex (&20X) used them a lot this year and really like them. I do often hatch in a Hovabator 1588 instead of the 20s though since I hate to clean the small Brinseas. Really like them for shipped eggs since you can adjust the humidity so closely to control the air cells... hatch % on the shipped really varies, but blamed that on shipping/packaging and not the incubators since the control eggs did fine. With home eggs I have consistently had 90%+ hatches with standards. Pretty much just followed their instructions on setting and running, (with shipped I adjusted when I started the turner if the air cells were stable) the only thing I really do is keep an eye on the air cell size or weigh the eggs since that seems to be the biggest variable, and switch where the eggs are in the incubator when I check them.

Back
Top Bottom