Brinsea Improved and expanded Mini and Ovation incubators

It arrived!
celebrate.gif

So far, even before hatching with it, I really like this incubator (but that might be partly because I haven't purchased a new incubator in possibly 10 years). It looked very complicated as I was reading through the manual, but when I actually started adjusting the settings it was pretty simple and straight forward. It's fairly quiet when it is running, light to carry, and compact so it fits in places my old Little Giant styrofoam incubator didn't. I really like the external water filler as well.

The only thing I don't really care for are the egg inserts. I purchased the 40 small egg insert because reviews said that it fits bantam eggs, but I have found that not to be the case. My bird's eggs don't turn properly on the small egg insert, and they seem just a little too small for the regular insert. I wish they made one in a "medium" size.

All the same, I'm looking forward to seeing how incubation and hatching goes.
Thanks for the review!

I can't wait to see more of them.

It arrived! :celebrate  

So far, even before hatching with it, I really like this incubator (but that might be partly because I haven't purchased a new incubator in possibly 10 years). It looked very complicated as I was reading through the manual, but when I actually started adjusting the settings it was pretty simple and straight forward. It's fairly quiet when it is running, light to carry, and compact so it fits in places my old Little Giant styrofoam incubator didn't. I really like the external water filler as well. 

The only thing I don't really care for are the egg inserts. I purchased the 40 small egg insert because reviews said that it fits bantam eggs, but I have found that not to be the case. My bird's eggs don't turn properly on the small egg insert, and they seem just a little too small for the regular insert. I wish they made one in a "medium" size. 

All the same, I'm looking forward to seeing how incubation and hatching goes. 

Congrats on the new bator :woot That's ashame on the inserts :(
Hope you have a great hatch :fl

Hey Silkies, it would be great if you could post some pics when you get a chance. :)

For sure! I'll get some as soon as possible. 

Can't wait to see them :D

Last edited:
I just got our Brinsea mini and have had it Test running for a week. No humidity control on this one unless I accidentally brought an older version- but I'm monitoring with a thermometer and hydrometer anyway. First time incubator here- we are putting 6 eggs in this weekend to see how it goes. I'll also take any tips if you have them!!

I just got our Brinsea mini and have had it Test running for a week. No humidity control on this one unless I accidentally brought an older version- but I'm monitoring with a thermometer and hydrometer anyway. First time incubator here- we are putting 6 eggs in this weekend to see how it goes. I'll also take any tips if you have them!!

With the new model, hopefully we will get some tips to share.

Can you post a picture?

Back
Top Bottom