Brinsea incubators

I am just in the middle of my first hatch ever. I have a Brinsea Eco 20. It has been very easy to use. Of 13 eggs set the 7th just hatched 30 min ago. All but 2 have pipped.
Excellent results.

I purchased the Brinsea Eco 20 about 3 weeks ago and I really don't like it. :oops: I just can't seem to get into "incubating" like so many others. Incubating in an incubator is not exciting to me. :oops: I prefer the old-fashion way of just letting my broody hens hatch their own eggs. :(

I really want to buy the mini advance!!! Anyone here use it? How do you read the humidity?
I have one Mini Advance and two Mini Advance EX units (plust 3 Octagon 20 Advance EX units but I'm not addicted to incubating or anything!) and the Mini Advance continues to work well. It was my first 'bator and I bought a small hygrometer from PetSmart to use in it.

Well, I can not even get Brinsea to answer my e-mails. I have been ready to order one for a week now. But asked for clarification on heat regulation and the cooling feature. I actually started by placing a phone call to Support, but got a woman that did not even know what the cooling feature is. This left me wondering if she has even read the brochures. When I ask about the type of heating control, things got even more complicated. I sent an email to support explaining my experiance, hoping to get someone else to respond. No response. So the next day I sent the same thing to the Sales Department. Telling them I was just needed the two simple questions cleared up to place my order. Once again nothing. Brinsea sells a very complex little machine. What would we do if we had a malfunction or needed waranty or service done? I am a service tech, and do phone support myself in another field. And I am very aware that the product means nothing, without support. Good luck with these guys.

I am a first time hatcher. I bought a Genesis 1588 but had to abandon the hatch when I couldn't keep the temps nor humidity right. It was kinda cold outside and this room doesn't get heat or air. So I bought a Brinsea Advance EX with humidity pump and it is TRULY set and forget. I LOVE this incubator. Tried again with 14 LF eggs. 5 SLW and 9 White Leghorns. I had one that wasn't fertile, and 3 quitters and then I have one that I'm pretty sure is a late quitter, but not sure. I had 9 hatch, which is all of them except the one that I wasn't sure about. So not bad for a rank newbie. I am VERY pleased with this incubator and will buy another in the future. Now, I HIGHLY recommend the humidity pump. Truly makes it "set and forget."

Love my Brinsea Octogon 20 Advance EX, set it and forget it! Spot on temp./humidity all the time.

Question about the Octogon20 advance. -After day 18, do the eggs stay in the same position or do you lay them down?
If you don't buy the humidity pump, by what means do you control humidity?
About what is the cost?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom