Worried about shrink wrap

chloemae

Songster
10 Years
Apr 17, 2014
PA
I just had my first serama hatch. Day 20, pipped yesterday. 5 more have pipped. I am so worried about shrink wrap. That happened in my old Brinsea Eco Minis so this new Maticoopx incubator has been awesome. I stopped turning at day 16. Temp 99.5 and prelockdown humidity 50-55. Lock down humidity 60-70. Does the egg she came out of look 'dry'. I am super stressed about the remaining eggs being shrink wrapped. I never had this issue until my last 2 hatches and now I am worrying so much about it....thank you, pics of her egg attached. You guys are the best!

Attachments

• 20240219_095033.jpg
    20240219_095033.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 36
If your humidity is actually in that range, you should be fine. I see nothing alarming and can see the hatchling has already started drying out so the eggshell will be drying also.

If your humidity is actually in that range, you should be fine. I see nothing alarming and can see the hatchling has already started drying out so the eggshell will be drying also.
Thank you, so far 2 have hatched just fine :). Thank you for your advice :).

I just had my first serama hatch. Day 20, pipped yesterday. 5 more have pipped. I am so worried about shrink wrap. That happened in my old Brinsea Eco Minis so this new Maticoopx incubator has been awesome. I stopped turning at day 16. Temp 99.5 and prelockdown humidity 50-55. Lock down humidity 60-70. Does the egg she came out of look 'dry'. I am super stressed about the remaining eggs being shrink wrapped. I never had this issue until my last 2 hatches and now I am worrying so much about it....thank you, pics of her egg attached. You guys are the best!
I had a serama breeder tell me she uses higher humidity for her seramas than other chicks. I also heard to fill their waterer base with marbles so they can't fall in and drown. I have some to hatch in about 5 days and I'm a little nervous lol they aren't for beginners, from what I hear.

Back
Top Bottom