Help please! Day 21 seramas and issues!

Hi Chloemae ,
Oh boy I don't know where to begin. I have been there I hatched some serama eggs late summer. I feel in Love with them so I want to start a flock!❤️I thought NO problem ...easy easy so I order a variety off of eBay ..so a I lost a couple of hatches same thing the yolk wasn't absorb, chicks very late to hatch😢🥺🤞🐣very sad! So one of my sellers said check your temps in your incubator ! I had got 3 thermometers with the humidity checker and Viola there was the problem ! My actual temp was 98.5 instead of 99.5! That's why it was taking longer to hatch!

Hi @chloemae. I’m so late checking back. It’s sad losing chicks for sure, but each time we learn a little more and get a little better with learning what works best. I hope you’ll make an attempt to hatch some again. Seramas are truly sweet teeny chickens. I adore mine and have a large flock. All of them were artificially incubated in the beginning. Now, my tiny broodies primarily incubate (I have hatches going on right now and incubators running as backup). Before I began, I did tons of research on the breed and took the chance, even knowing they can be difficult to hatch. I’ve had my share of successfully assisting hatches over the years (it’s not recommended to assist unless one knows that the chick will die for sure without help), and some have been Serama. I wish you the best with creating your own micro chicken flock. 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom