Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator

I chose the Brinsea Mini Advance because 1) Idiot-proof 2) Only wanted to hatch 7 eggs 3) My autistic son could watch them hatch. Wayfair.com is cheapest in my search at $157.39 and free ship, also 10% off your first purchase. Amazon was $163.98 w/ free shipping; Brinsea.com was $159.99 and shipping is pretty high.

I see what you mean but Little Giants and Hovabators have Plexiglass windows to view the hatch plus all you do if you have an auto turner is put water in and adjust temp when needed. I guess I could understand with only 7 eggs it just seems like a lot of money to do a few eggs

I got a BMA for my birthday (but it was what I wanted). I like having the ability to do a small amount of eggs at a time. Right now I am only concerned with slowly growing my flock. I like that this gives me that option. I can turn it on and walk away for the next couple weeks. My first hatch was 4 turkey eggs. All 4 started developing but two quit part of the way and then one died during hatch. One came 3 days early so that might have messed up the one that was attempting to hatch and died. Not sure. I have guinea eggs in there now. I started with 7 and 4 developed with 9 days left. I am doing dry hatches and adding humidity at the end. After the guineas are done, I am going to try and do some peafowl. Someone near me is selling them on CL. I like that I can do rarer eggs because I don't get as many quantity wise. I found a TSC Styrofoam incubator on CL with an added fan for dirt cheap that only had one hatch done in it. I am going to do some of my chicken's eggs in that soon so I can do more at once.

Roxysmydog, are they hatching?

I just set up my new Brinsea mini advance for the first time today. I will be incubating bobwhites next week and read through this thread hoping to glean more info on the process and to ask a couple questions. Is it best to use a paper towel on the bottom in the last few days? I've read good and bad lately. Also, is the cooling process really necessary? I have that option, but seems risky.

I didn't use the cooling option. Only one of my turkeys hatched. She is doing well. I hatched 3 out of 4 developed guineas a few weeks ago. And I put them in a secure pen outside but apparently not secure enough and a coon got them last week. :'( So I have more guinea eggs in there and they won't be going outside till they are old enough to go into the big coop. I found with my guineas, they slid around a ton and I ended up having to tape their legs for a day. I had paper towel down as well. My so far my turkey and guineas all hatched two days early and I had no water in the incubator because I was doing a dry hatch and wasn't prepared when they all came early.

I am wondering about how many Serama eggs I could fit in a Brinsea mini?... I would probably get the eco version... I really like turning my eggs : )
I would think since they aren't much bigger than a bobwhite egg, if you used the quail insert you could fit 12. But it doesn't come with it, it's extra, about $20.

Back
Top Bottom