Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco AND Hova-Bator 1602N Set!** Hatching Pics **

hmmm, staying the same is a good thing..they are both good bators. This is neat that you are keeping track of the temps of both.

The hatching of course, as you probably know, could have different results because of different reasons. But knowing how the bators work with holding temps is great! Watching....
pop.gif

Interesting test, but I would not draw any conclusions especially if the results are close due to relatively low number of eggs set, more important - eggs of different breeds and unknown (hardly to compare) eggs fertility and viability.

For the thest like this to be more accurate I would set the bators to full capacity (brinsea about 24 Hova 42 with turner) the apply a ratio correction for a number of hatchlings in each bator.

It is a known fact that styrobators do not hatch well eggs in the corners due to uneven temperature so setting only 20 eggs in the center of styrobator gives it an adventage.

Even more important is to set uniform eggs (lets say same breed, all from own eggs).

Another word all eggs from one flock, same breed, to ensure fertility a few roosters running with numbers of hens of its own.

Interesting to see what happens but I would not draw serious conclusions due to limited scope of this test no matter which bator will hatch more chicks.

So far for today.. Everything OK..

As to concerns of this test.. The eggs that were selected were test hatched at Gramby's Farm before they were sent. Gramby's reported a 100% hatch rate for all her eggs. The eggs in question were all treated the same and set at the same time. I fact they were split up half and half in each incubator. Yes I would have loved to fill it up, but I just didn't have enough eggs. So 11 and 11 would just have to do. I will be doing my 7 day candle tonight and will post the results. First toss day however will be day 10.

I wanted to do a comparison of three of the "starter" incubators. Since there wasn't anything that equals to the Brinsea Mini series, I precluded it (before anyone talkes about the GQF Chick-o-bator, I don't think that compairs at ALL). The LG that I got from TSC wouldn't come on, so I had to return it. So that left the base model Hova, and the Base model Brinsea. Of course there are better incubators but generally speaking this is what people will start with at least for those of you that buy incubators.

This, of course is NOT a scientific test being that there would be some type of control, but it will give a general idea on how the two intro models of the most popular incubators on the market preform sitting right next to each other, loaded with the same egg, from the same location, all taken in the same time.

Now after this disclaimer... Back to the test.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my 1588 and the 1602N! This is so very interesting. I personally am cheering on the 1602N! GO HOVA GO! I will also not be filling up any bators for a while! I have chicks every where and still have the 1588 going at full speed. Must stop hatching Must stop hatching!

I still love the 1588,,and yes, I've had it full, and I did not have problems with the corner eggs not hatching. I turn my eggs by hand, but do not (now) move the eggs around the bator. I used to because I had heard that it would be in the best interest of the eggs if turning by hand and the bator was full. My corner ones hatch, and I no longer move the eggs around, I just turn them..
idunno.gif
But of course, that's ok with me...
woot.gif

I'm still interested in the temps staying the where they are supposed to. Sounds like you have everything going the same for the test..same area and all means, same lighting and so on....
thumbsup.gif

Now once again,,,
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom