Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco AND Hova-Bator 1602N Set!** Hatching Pics **

Quote:
in this picture i notice that you have your eggs at the sides
at not at the center
i have the same incubator and have my eggs at the middle
any reason to choose on location over the other?

Hi. Good luck on ur hatch! I would like to say i liked my brinsea. It was easy to use ive gotten nearly 100% hatches each time but one thing. Last time i hatched i had 14 chix 8 of them had broken toes. Theyre toes got caught in the holes. I have used it many times dont know what happened this time. Just keep an eye out i guess. Never happened before.

Thanks, that is a good thing to watch out for!
hmm.png
I have used the rubber shelf liner on the floor in my other incubators at hatch time, so I will be sure to use it on my Brinsea as well
big_smile.png

Quote:

Quote:
Any body else experience this?
I am about to set my first hatch and don't need any extra issues to worry about...
What other solutions might work - besides the rubber mat which I don't have...??

Quote:
This is a GENIUS idea! This incubator can be a bit cumbersome when lifting as there is really no place to get a good grip. Let me know how you affix the projected handle. I'd like to do that myself!

Absolutely! I'm thinking industrial Velcro and strapping, so once I test it to see if it can handle the weight, I'll let you know.

At first I thought to drill small holes in the top (the black part is easily removed) and attach a small handle. BUT, it also seemed that if there was something to give my fingers grip on the side, that would be better. I used industrial Velcro and put strips on each side of the black top part. I only used the more abrasive looped side because the smooth side didn't seem like it would give me the results I need.

I applied one strip of the loop side to each side of the lid and instant gripability! I have confidence this won't slip out of my hands now! Thanks for the heads up on this issue! I'm still waiting for my eggs (mid March) but am now prepared!

BrinseaP1000162.jpg

So much editing! Had trouble figuring out how to link a picture.

Last edited:
Quote:
I wonder how many people have had the Brinsea lid slip out of their hands. We have a Mini Advance and every time I open it, I'm worried I'm going to lose grip on it and drop the lid on the eggs. I'm always wishing there was a handle of some sort.

Quote:
Absolutely! I'm thinking industrial Velcro and strapping, so once I test it to see if it can handle the weight, I'll let you know.

At first I thought to drill small holes in the top (the black part is easily removed) and attach a small handle. BUT, it also seemed that if there was something to give my fingers grip on the side, that would be better. I used industrial Velcro and put strips on each side of the black top part. I only used the more abrasive looped side because the smooth side didn't seem like it would give me the results I need.

I applied one strip of the loop side to each side of the lid and instant gripability! I have confidence this won't slip out of my hands now! Thanks for the heads up on this issue! I'm still waiting for my eggs (mid March) but am now prepared!

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j422/hannakat129/BrinseaP1000162.jpg

So much editing! Had trouble figuring out how to link a picture.

I looked at your pic, but did not notice the velcro or read your post. Must have been distracted by the lovely roses. Silly me! That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this was answered- but how did you keep the temp from going too low when you were preparing for lockdown. I'm practicing with my Hova Bator before my chicks get here. When I take the turner out, and fill additional water, it drops to 90 degrees. I imagine it might go down lower when I take more time to move eggs from the turner to the wire floor. 1602n Thanks! Pam

Back
Top Bottom