BriteTap nipple waterer

I just got the brite tap waterer in the mail so ran to Target to get my 2 gallon Igloo cooler and I am sooooooo loving it! Wish I would have known about it sooner. Definitely a solution to the dirty water problem I was running into. I was so grateful that my hens learned to use it within a couple of hours too...

Hello! Virignal post...I am considering the Bright Tap waterer for our coop and run, but my eight 3week old pullets (4 Ameruacanas, 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Black Australorps) drink ACV laced water in their brooder and I am concerned that the acidity will corrode the metal nipple. Is anyone using this system providing ACV water for their flock? I looked on the company's site, but didn't see anything. As with everything on this amazing, knowledge filled site, I appreciate everyone's help, perspective and hard earned knowledge! Thank you!

Hello! Virignal post...I am considering the Bright Tap waterer for our coop and run, but my eight 3week old pullets (4 Ameruacanas, 2 Barred Rocks and 2 Black Australorps) drink ACV laced water in their brooder and I am concerned that the acidity will corrode the metal nipple. Is anyone using this system providing ACV water for their flock? I looked on the company's site, but didn't see anything. As with everything on this amazing, knowledge filled site, I appreciate everyone's help, perspective and hard earned knowledge! Thank you!

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere (I thought on their website) that they were testing long-term use of acv. There was a study that showed it to be safe IF kept under a certain percentage, but corrosive if too high... I believe. I will see if I can find it.

In regards to the freezing issue. Has any tried just forgoing the brite tap and putting nipple wateres directly on the under side of the igloo cooler? I can see how thickness of the cooler may be an issue when installing but probably nothing a little silicone can't fix. Wonder if the nipples themselves would freeze up?

In regards to the freezing issue. Has any tried just forgoing the brite tap and putting nipple wateres directly on the under side of the igloo cooler? I can see how thickness of the cooler may be an issue when installing but probably nothing a little silicone can't fix. Wonder if the nipples themselves would freeze up?

I don't know if the regular nipples are long enough? Or if it would compromise the integrity and strength of the cooler. Sounds like you might have to experiment with the components.

Is the heat tape version still working? We don't have power near our coop or run, but could run an extension cord when temps get super cold! Also in UT

Back
Top Bottom