Broad Spectrum Antibiotic when you don't know what's wrong

It's the apple cider vinegar the type i use regularly or is it one i should get from agway?
My vet says to use one like this:\
BRA-00132-1.jpg

-Kathy

Great. Thanks. I saw the word "raw" which made me think it wasnt what i had in my refrigerator:) she drank some water and i just checked her crop again and its boggy again. She is still producing diarrhea. Do you think something might have ruptured or be leaking or that the exit from the crop is partially blocked or narrow? She is starting to fidget again so i wonder if is because shes trying to clear her crop

Great. Thanks. I saw the word "raw" which made me think it wasnt what i had in my refrigerator:) she drank some water and i just checked her crop again and its boggy again. She is still producing diarrhea. Do you think something might have ruptured or be leaking or that the exit from the crop is partially blocked or narrow? She is starting to fidget again so i wonder if is because shes trying to clear her crop
My turkey had a huige crop full of fluid and mud, and it was because she had a bacterial infection in her intestines, so it's hard to say what's going on with your hen.

-Kathy

Thank you. The infection possibility came up as a primary diagnosis with the vet. We gave her a week on a broad spectrum antibiotic with no improvement so we also have to consider it might not have been the right one or it could be a fungal infection. Hard to say, but the stool sample was negative. Thanks for the tube feeding post. Im a nurse and worked in the er in my past life so the pics dont bother me:) we measure people tubes the same way so i feel pretty comfortable with your instructions and will try it once i get the supplies. Im concerned there may either be a stricture or a rupture from the gurgle sound when she takes water, but hopefully not and she'll pull through. Thank you so much again. Ill let you know how she does, good or bad
Gail

I just had a thought... Talk to your vet about trying a different antibiotic and giving her subcutaneous fluids.

-Kathy

Spoke with vet and she is surprised chicken (lulu) is still alive. She recommended the apple cider vinegar in seperate water source from electrolyte and probiotic water . Dont have option of vet revisit . I have been using small syringe they gave with her med to supplement the fluid she takes on her own. She is still clearing her diarrhea so im trying to be sure to replace fluid lost. I dont think she will make it poor thing, but stranger things have happened

Kathy, where do you get the raw apple cider vinegar? The agricultural store near me is small and dont carry it. Cant wait another day to get it in her by overnighting anything.

Back
Top Bottom