Broken Bill Emergency

Vet said she will be ok. Had to clip some bits off the bill. But she will be able to live a happy healthy life!

95B071C2-0438-49E3-A7D8-8494A95AEC37.jpeg

What a lovely girl! :love

Glad you took her to the vet. I think you will be amazed at how fast it heals over. Not sure about the broken section near the tip, but she will adapt just fine.

Ever figure out what happened? And I assume there were still no other injuries?

She might have been noodling in the hay bale, you might want to check it for anything sharp inside, or maybe there's a metal clip holding the strap together? I'm grasping, but that's a pretty drastic injury for just a normal day.
Also, check for places on the ground next to the fencing, or whatever you have. The way they like to dig holes, maybe its possible that she got it stuck in the wire and tore it while twisting her way out?
Might avert an injury to another one if you can figure out what happened.

What a lovely girl! :love

Glad you took her to the vet. I think you will be amazed at how fast it heals over. Not sure about the broken section near the tip, but she will adapt just fine.

Ever figure out what happened? And I assume there were still no other injuries?

She might have been noodling in the hay bale, you might want to check it for anything sharp inside, or maybe there's a metal clip holding the strap together? I'm grasping, but that's a pretty drastic injury for just a normal day.
Also, check for places on the ground next to the fencing, or whatever you have. The way they like to dig holes, maybe its possible that she got it stuck in the wire and tore it while twisting her way out?
Might avert an injury to another one if you can figure out what happened.
Vet thinks she was stuck and panicked. The injuries all appear to be scraps. I moved the bale and there hasn’t been anything else.

Back
Top Bottom