Chickena

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
Hi, so my silkie chicken probably has a broken neck and I don’t know what to do! She’s also walking very funny like as if she was new to walking. Her head keeps on turning to the right a lot but she never moved it to the left. I just noticed this right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 7
How old is she? How did she get injured?

If it was a predator attack, there should be wounds. If you don't see evidence of injury, I'd bet it's wry neck.

How old is she? How did she get injured?

If it was a predator attack, there should be wounds. If you don't see evidence of injury, I'd bet it's wry neck.
I think it might be wry neck there are no feet injuries nor are there any blood/wounds. She also keeps on turning her head 180. I’m not sure how old is she. But I’ve had her for around a year now.

Have you watched her try to eat or drink? That's the real test to see how bad of a case of wry neck she may have. Isolate her for the experiment, and place a favorite treat within reach. Then watch what happens. Describe that here.

Sometimes wry neck appears all of a sudden out of the blue. We may never know what caused it. I've had it in my flock, and most times, just one or two or three days of vitamin E 400iu will cure it. One whole capsule directly into the beak along with a sliver of selenium or a spoon full of egg.

Have you watched her try to eat or drink? That's the real test to see how bad of a case of wry neck she may have. Isolate her for the experiment, and place a favorite treat within reach. Then watch what happens. Describe that here.

Sometimes wry neck appears all of a sudden out of the blue. We may never know what caused it. I've had it in my flock, and most times, just one or two or three days of vitamin E 400iu will cure it. One whole capsule directly into the beak along with a sliver of selenium or a spoon full of egg.
@azygous to the rescue! Haha!

Back
Top Bottom