BROKEN TOE NAIL-Help Please, Any Ideas to make recovery quicker???

NatureBoy86

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 29, 2011
South Florida
I have a 6month old roo who this morning was limping when I went to feed them, upon inspection I found his middle toe completely broken off. Just the meaty inside is there, not bleeding to bad, got him inside, cleaned toe with warm water and apllied new skin antiseptic allowed to dry, then apllied a nail hardener polish. Hes now warm and perched on a stick in his cage. Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

My only advice would be to make sure your nail polish isn't red or a bright color. That might make the chickens want to pick at it.
I think you did a good job!

Sharon

Quote:
I accidently pushed the report button on your comment lol I dont know what it does, Sorry! but no its a clear coat nail grower/hardener, wouldnt it be funny if it was fire engine red?! Hahaha but Thank you for taking the time to comment! Have a great day!!

one of my gals lost a toe because a pice of my hair got around her toe and cut off the blood to her toe i felt so bad that i did see it before it got bad poor thing in the end she lost her toe and she is fine you wouldn't know any is wrong other than she does jump as well as the other so your little one should be fine !!

Back
Top Bottom