Broken Toenail

Charp

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 18, 2018
Upper Lower Northern Michigan
Two days ago my Bardrock, Charity, broke her toenail half way up & past the quick. She bled out pretty bad before I discovered it. Got her into the utility sink & cleaned her foot really well after I got the bleeding stopped. Nail is pretty jagged where broken. Sprayed an antiseptic bandage on it a couple times now, but it comes off as she scratches around in chicken pen. My cat’s vet suggested I put super glue over the quick. Any recommendations for repairing her nail? Am going to try & file it to smooth it out so doesn’t catch on anything. I think she got it stuck in the seam of cement in garage. That’s where pool of blood was near.

Two days ago my Bardrock, Charity, broke her toenail half way up & past the quick. She bled out pretty bad before I discovered it. Got her into the utility sink & cleaned her foot really well after I got the bleeding stopped. Nail is pretty jagged where broken. Sprayed an antiseptic bandage on it a couple times now, but it comes off as she scratches around in chicken pen. My cat’s vet suggested I put super glue over the quick. Any recommendations for repairing her nail? Am going to try & file it to smooth it out so doesn’t catch on anything. I think she got it stuck in the seam of cement in garage. That’s where pool of blood was near.
Same thing happened to my ganders rear toenail... ripped the whole thing clean off. We just cleaned him up and put qwick-stop on it. It healed up fine :)

Last edited:
T
Same thing happened to my genders rear toenail... ripped the whole thing clean off. We just cleaned him up and put qwick-stop on it. It healed up fine :)
Thanks CloneFly. That helps a lot! Will do that today. She seems fine, getting her strength back. But I have been worried about the vulnerability with it being front middle toe. 😊

No problem :)

It's amazing how they'll heal on their own at times. Don't worry about bandaging it as every thing you put on short of a cast will fall off lol. Just make sure it stays relatively clean

Back
Top Bottom