brooder idea-thinking outside the box

Good job, the extra effort you made turned the grill into a usable brooder. I'm thinking you might run out of room before long though. Good Job. Large cardboard boxes work well also, you might want to keep an eye open for one in the near future.

bigzio

Looks good. I don't think you will have any problem with the regular bulb. I always use a regular bulb, rather than red, and have never had a bit of trouble. I have 4 brooders full in the garage right now. Total 50 chicks, different age groups. All with a standard type bulb. Good luck.

Good job, the extra effort you made turned the grill into a usable brooder. I'm thinking you might run out of room before long though. Good Job. Large cardboard boxes work well also, you might want to keep an eye open for one in the near future.

bigzio

Thanks I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
big_smile.png

I am only incubating 12 eggs. This is also my first time incubating and I keep hearing that there is usually a good % that don't hatch/live. I am thinking even if 50% hatch thats only 6 chicks
jumpy.gif
With my luck all 12 will hatch and make it.
th.gif
But they won't outgrow the brooder before I find a replacement. I work at a grocery store, boxes I can get easy.​

Back
Top Bottom