BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

this is a watermelon box from the grocery store. it's so big can't get it all in the pictures but it works wonderfully!
How long do you think 25 standard chicks can last in watermelon box before it gets small? Also, can the box fit in the backset of a car or do you need a truck?

Last edited:
We're just starting to figure out our brooder for chicks due on the 19th or 20th. We are thinking of using a big planter box that was on the property when we moved in. We have the small wire (I forget what it is called, smaller and sturdier than chicken wire) to make a lid... luckily! Look who helped himself to a nap under the light:

Sigh of relief there were no babies in there yet!

This is my first brooder and it still needs some good wire around it to keep our cats out but I'd like to know if it looks like its set up good? This is my first brood of chicks and I'd like to make sure I'm doing this right! Lol!

Here's our brooder. Her name is Lucy
lau.gif

It's just a small sectioned off space of our covered run, with a bin on its' side and food/water. Lucy has 8 chicks out there with her and they're all doing great!

Back
Top Bottom