BROODER thread! Post pics of your brooders!

heres my brooder....

6 feet long 4feet high and 3 feet deep 22 3 week old chicks and there doin fine should make my grow out pen by 5/6 weeks old

100_0746.jpg

lol didnt attach the picture

Last edited:
broilers in brooder (the rest are gathering at the water to get a small treat from me)
58223_img_0003.jpg

2 orps and 2 silkies (the one on the left has passed) this brooder was my little bros first batch of
chickens hopefully he doesn't lose any more.
58223_img_0006.jpg

Well; here is a pic of a make-shift, thrown together, temporary brooder we made last minute:

69192_imag0298.jpg

It resides below our future coop. We simply skirted three sides with 1/4in plywood and one side with glass. One side is on hinges, for access. We put a piece of foamboard over the glass at night... This pic was taken when the chicks were approx one week old
smile.png

I use a horse-trough. Bedding is sand mixed with ground up old horse poop
hu.gif
chicks seem to love that and take lots of baths
smile.png

69348_copy_of_img_3755.jpg

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
What kind of bedding have you been using?

I use the all-purpose sand method​

I have 3 now:

Here is my two story - the top is for new hatches made with a recycled window that slides open. This makes it easy to control the temperature. I use the bottom one for older chicks because it has screen doors. This makes it easy to let them out to run.

53430_ced-cad_191.jpg

My newer one also has two levels which they love and is also made with a sliding glass window.

53430_ced-cad_189.jpg

So far they seem to be working out well.

Back
Top Bottom