Broody blue swedish duck!!!❤❤❤❤

Apr 6, 2019
The same day a fox (or coyote) took away FOUR of our drakes, our blue swedish duck decided to start incubating. They will be half swedish and half KC. So when they hatch, will i be feeding them all, including the mother, chick starter? And lastly, will Ping (our drake) bother the ducklings?

Good luck for a successful incubation. I think the chick starter plus niacin supplementation should work. Some drakes are fine with ducklings and others are not. I'd give it a try, but keep an eye on him once the ducklings are hatched.

We had to keep the our ducklings away from our Male. We unfortunately had to take him to a reserve.
He was a stinker!
But he was the only Male I had.
I would watch him as I read its nature for them to kill them
Good luck!

So... One hatched, unfortunately, it somehow had left its mother and passed the metal fence... I now know ping will NOT be hanging out with them...RIP duckling:he:hit... 2 more have hatched and are SO cute when they sit on top of their momma. (They just hatched yesterday) she's still incubating. She will know when to give up and get off the best right? Thanks for all the info :)

Back
Top Bottom