Broody call duck help

Apr 14, 2024
Hi there! My call duck has gone broody it appears. Shes laying on everyone’s eggs from last nights lay and hasn’t gotten up even. I’ve only ever had Pekins and they haven’t been broody so this is new to me. They have a community nest that they all lay in. (5 hens) it’s just the corner of their dog house inside their run. I’m undecided if I want to let her lay on them or not. If I do, where do my other girls lay? Should I build new nesting boxes? She’s the only call duck. The other 4 are Pekins and 1 Khaki Campbell.

The eggs are likely fertile. We have 2 drakes. Neither calls though. 1 welsh harlequin and 1 Campbell. (Poor girl lol) So what would those ducks even look like? That’s one diverse nest in there. Maybe I shouldn’t let her sit. I don’t necessarily want ducklings so I’m not real interested in incubating. I just want to help my girl. I’m so new to this please advise 😅

it all depends what you want. if you dont want ducklings take em away from her. as far as what they could look like it really depends on the genes they recieve. khaki and a pekin i find in my flock will usually stay white like a pekin maybe with a little color on there head.

Back
Top Bottom