Broody chicken not getting off nest

yuckyuck.gif

My broody is pooping on her eggs. She will not get off of them. Although she did have a ginormous "poop explosion"
celebrate.gif
4 days after beginning to brood. What do I do? Should I take her off, let her poop, and then have her scurry back in?

Thank you

My BLR Wyandotte is broody for the first time. She keeps moving between 2 boxes & some of the eggs have been broken (possibly by other chickens?). She is so mean right now I don't want to get close enough to see if she's actually sitting on anything! Should I just leave her alone & see what happens?

I have a 18 month old giant blue Cochin.she's went broody twice. The first time I removed her the second day...she didn't Get back on the nest! Second time I'm afraid to remove her...but she may poop on the eggs.I've been feeding her and watering herby hand.

I a decent sized flock of older and younger hens that never have been broody, which was fine until one of my older white hens I bought from tractor supply about two years ago out of the blue started sitting on some eggs!? She's the first broody we've had after two years (broodiness has been breed out of store bought hens; many people just use an incubator or just use hens for eggs, like I did previously)

But I have fancy above ground nests that I screwed into the walls of the coup to help keep the eggs safe from coons, opossums, and rat snakes. my broody hen has not gotten off the nest (as far as I know) to eat, drink, or relieve herself. Should I leave my nest up off the ground until Its time for the chicks to hatch (its been one week) or should I put the nest on the ground so that the babies, when they come, don't hurt their legs jumping down. The nest is about three feet up off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom