Broody hen - green diarrhea

Sep 27, 2020
Northern California
Hey everyone - I had a question about one of my broody hens. One of my chcikens goes broody every summer and she is broody again after being broody for a short time a few months ago. (Sitting on unfertilized eggs) I’m getting her up multiple times a day and seems normal - eating drinking moving around well but this morning when I got her up to eat and poop - she had a lot of bright green very watery diarrhea. She’s had a little grass and blackberries from free ranging yesterday but nothing that I would think would cause the color. I know green stools can be from under eating so I’m going to get her up even more to eat but I’m a little worried. Her nose was very slightly runny yesterday night - I just noticed when I picked her up but is dry today but otherwise has no other odd symptoms. After her big diaherra this morning I’ve seen her have small solid but still green ish poops. I’m keeping her outside today as much as possible and watching her. wondering whether anyone has any suggestion or suspicions on the cause. Thanks!

Hey everyone - I had a question about one of my broody hens. One of my chcikens goes broody every summer and she is broody again after being broody for a short time a few months ago. (Sitting on unfertilized eggs) I’m getting her up multiple times a day and seems normal - eating drinking moving around well but this morning when I got her up to eat and poop - she had a lot of bright green very watery diarrhea. She’s had a little grass and blackberries from free ranging yesterday but nothing that I would think would cause the color. I know green stools can be from under eating so I’m going to get her up even more to eat but I’m a little worried. Her nose was very slightly runny yesterday night - I just noticed when I picked her up but is dry today but otherwise has no other odd symptoms. After her big diaherra this morning I’ve seen her have small solid but still green ish poops. I’m keeping her outside today as much as possible and watching her. wondering whether anyone has any suggestion or suspicions on the cause. Thanks!
Can you provide some pictures of her poop?

Back
Top Bottom