Broody hen left her eggs

JessRenee

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2023
I have a hen who went broody about 5 days ago. Yesterday morning I put some hatching eggs under her and this afternoon when I got home I noticed that she was off her hatching eggs and on top of other eggs (not fertilized, we don’t have a rooster). I have no idea how long she was off the eggs, could have been hours. They were cold. Is it worth her trying to sit on them still? It’s only been a day, but I’m very new to this!

I have a hen who went broody about 5 days ago. Yesterday morning I put some hatching eggs under her and this afternoon when I got home I noticed that she was off her hatching eggs and on top of other eggs (not fertilized, we don’t have a rooster). I have no idea how long she was off the eggs, could have been hours. They were cold. Is it worth her trying to sit on them still? It’s only been a day, but I’m very new to this!
Did she end up returning to the fertilized eggs that you wanted her to brood? Also, do you have your broody hen separated from the others? I have a hen that is sitting on eggs and I'm trying to decide if it would be better to move her to her own pen.

Back
Top Bottom