Broody Hen Thread!

Hello Everyone!!
D.gif
frow.gif
I know I have been MIA for about a year now, but i am back and on BYC again
yesss.gif
. I had NO Idea how developed this thread has gotten! (check the first page) This is Awesome!!!

Nice too meet you - i am new to the thread love my broody hens

Don't we all just all love them! During these winter months my hens have slowed down in egg production to 0 eggs a day! There beginning to pick up on production so hopefully I will get a broody soon! It's been too long. So I was forced to set 41 eggs in the incubator this morning.
hide.gif

Don't we all just all love them! During these winter months my hens have slowed down in egg production to 0 eggs a day! There beginning to pick up on production so hopefully I will get a broody soon! It's been too long. So I was forced to set 41 eggs in the incubator this morning.
hide.gif
The crazy thing is my hens never stopped laying in the winter I have had awesome egg production and I have been so thankful.
I hope you get a broody hen - wow 41 good luck!

Yea I finally bought an egg turner this is my first time using it! Thats awesome!! What breeds do you have?

Buff Opringtons , Partridge Rocks, Golden Lace Wyandotte Black Australorp, Laced Wyandotte, and I just added Ameraucana, Olive Egger plus I have a few mutts (our starter) flock.

I have an incubator but trying my my broody hens until I get the hatching eggs for BRLW - let's just say chicken math is working overtime!
Deb

Buff Opringtons , Partridge Rocks, Golden Lace Wyandotte Black Australorp, Laced Wyandotte, and I just added Ameraucana, Olive Egger plus I have a few mutts (our starter) flock.

I have an incubator but trying my my broody hens until I get the hatching eggs for BRLW - let's just say chicken math is working overtime!
Deb

Got some broody breeds in there!

Last edited:
Got some broody breeds in there!
Yes the are great broody hens. I swear my Buffs and Australorps really don't move for days. I try not worry about them. Funny story one day my husband said I think the Buff on the nest was dead but the she blinked.. really excited about my broody hens. So sad I have a few that are not choosen as broody hens at the moment and I have to chase of the nest because I have customers I need to keep in eggs. lol :)

Haha I need more than two best boxes for any of my hens to stay broody. My top hens don't go broody so they bump the ones that try off the nest.

Haha I need more than two best boxes for any of my hens to stay broody. My top hens don't go broody so they bump the ones that try off the nest.
That is funny I have 10 and some days it does not seem like enough so working on a few more. One day I watched a Partridge ease herself behind on of my Buffs slowly until she was on the nest and the Buff was not. Just love to see how sneaky they can be :)

Back
Top Bottom