Broody question

Chy1820

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 14, 2014
Wondering if anyone can tell me their experience.Hoping to get bantam/LF cochins for possible broodies. Was seeing if it made a difference if they were bought from a hatchery or breeder? Not looking for breeding purposes only good broody hens.

Wondering if anyone can tell me their experience.Hoping to get bantam/LF cochins for possible broodies. Was seeing if it made a difference if they were bought from a hatchery or breeder? Not looking for breeding purposes only good broody hens.
I think it doesn't depend on whether it's from a breeder or hatchery, rather than how the chicken is :) Some particular chickens are naturally more broody than others.

Get you some Old English game or some silkies----you should get you a lot of broodies out of those 2 breeds.

Our Cochin and barred rock love being broody! My cousin has silkies solely for setting. They naturally get that maternal feeling and do it.

Some people have different tricks for tricking their hens into being broody, but honestly, it's like the camel- you can put a hen in a laying box but you can't make her set.

Back
Top Bottom