BST Discussion

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place!

I am considering posting a thread about some of my Silkie hatching eggs but I find the Buy/Sell/Trade section confusing to understand.

From what I've gathered, it's free to create a thread on and as long as you agree to the terms etc you can post here?

Anything else I need to know before doing so. I just want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Thankyou!
Yeah, just read the BST rules, which are pinned at the top of each BST section, and make sure that your post abides by them, and you should be fine.

If you have a lot of changes, it might be easier to post a new ad, then report the old one and ask for deletion, noting the reason in the comments of the report. Otherwise, report the one you want to edit and let us know what you want and we'll take a look.

This is the Q & A

you'll see some check boxes that allow you to filter what type of ads that you're viewing...so if you want to view only the "WTB" then un-check everything else but "WANTED"...or however you would like to filter the ads.

A: Not at this time.

A: Please refer to the first Q&A and read the BST FAQs

A: Please check out this discussion.

All items listed for sale must be for sale here on BYC. We do not allow linking to other sites or auctions.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Few Important Reminders / Notes:

1. We want full auction / proxy bidding support as much as you do. There are numerous posts about the 5 month decision regarding why and if we had to make the tradeoff to let it go, but suffice it to say we want to have it just as bad as you do.
  2. I updated the second post with an answer regarding when full auction / proxy bidding will be added.
  3. People ask about the "open listing limits". The new system is very different in how "open listings" are treated. We purposely started with very conservative limits on listings to see how our system is used and to make sure the counts are appropriate. We received a lot of feedback that the last system was sometimes "gamed" and we want to ensure that doesn't happen here. We'll be bumping up some of the limits as we make sure the system isn't abused, so please be patient with us as we tweak these settings to comfortably fit with the needs of our community.

Last edited:
I closed my pop up blocker and am still getting error on page when I try to make a listing. Am I really the only person too ignorant to figure out this system. I read and read, but don't have a clue what I am doing wrong.
he.gif

If this system is unuseable for me I woulld like BYC to return the remainder of my GFM to the person who brought it for me.
idunno.gif

I note you access BYC on more than one machine. If it is happening on them all and they are at the same location I would make sure your router software is up to date. This caused huge headaches for me in the past until I updated that. It's the one part in the link most people forget about or don't know you can update the software on.

How many sale post can a GFM have?
Only 4???

I only have three open and when I try to post one more it says I can't because I have 4 open.
Click the 4 Open button shows I only have 3 open.
That makes alot of since LOL

Back
Top Bottom