Buff can't stand or lift her head. Not able to eat or drink

Do you have a picture of her?

The pebbles are probably from her gizzard. Chickens eat small pebbles or grit if it supplied to help grind up their food.
Is she able to stand or hold her head up?
Were you able to get her any vitamins or electrolytes?
Does her crop feel full or empty?
You may have to start tube feeding her:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805728/go-team-tube-feeding

she is swallowing when I feed her with a serynge and she talks a little bit and looks at me. I have given her electrolytes and vitamins. She just doesn't seem to be doing better or worse. Everything feels empty and she has lost a lot of weight in the past few days.

Try getting some save-a-chick probiotic(digestive helper) and electrolytes(energy).

Hows her crop feel? Could she have eaten anything to obstruct her digestive system.

perhaps some fermented feed will help. Hope she gets well soon.

Thank you, her crop doesn't feel like anything. I handt let her out of the run for about 3 days prior to her getting sick so I don't think she could have eaten anything but chicken feed

I read the post on tubing. It looks pretty simple. If I cannot get her to swallow 4 oz of food a day I will start tubing her but she is swallowing fine right now. Thank you for the post. I have also been giving her a little apple sauce for digestion. I will try yogurt thank you

She needs needs to be in a warm room (80-85 is ideal). If she is responsive she needs fluids at 10-15 ml per pound, wait 60-90 minutes, repeat if crop has cleared. Then fluids again in 2-4 hours. Do not force feed a cold or dehydrated bird, it can kill them.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom