Buff Orpington

GoldenDucks

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2023
I have a buff Orpington chicken who’s about a week and a half old and I think she got pecked in the eye by one of our other chickens, she hasn’t opened the eye since last night. She is still eating and drinking but it’s not as active as she was. I don’t think this is very comfortable as you could probably imagine and I just want to give her the best opportunity at life. I was wondering what the best thing to do for her would be?

Is it swollen? If not, just try to open the eye. She might have some eye boogers sticking her eye together. If it is swollen, try opening it after putting antibiotic cream on it. If the others peck at her eye because of the cream, you may have to separate her.

Is it swollen? If not, just try to open the eye. She might have some eye boogers sticking her eye together. If it is swollen, try opening it after putting antibiotic cream on it. If the others peck at her eye because of the cream, you may have to separate her.
And make sure the antibiotic ointment does NOT have pain relief (this is true for all pets I believe)

Ok
Thank you
I think it is a little swollen i’ll send pictures
Sorry, these are the best pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 1
The antibiotics can lessen the swelling and help fight any infection from starting. It can also make it slippery so that the eye can open easier.

Back
Top Bottom