Build a coop inside barn vs a free-standing structure

This makes me feel so much better since I had to put our chickens into a stall in our barn. It really was the ideal spot since it opened up into an enclosed run next to our garden. And as far as predators, well, we really don't have a problem since we have three very large wolf-hybrids roaming our property. Even the bobcats stay away! Something about the howl I'm thinking.
wink.png

Emily

I built mine inside a 50x120 ft cattle shed with cement floors.. It works great... coop is always in the shade and out of the wind/rain/snow

I have these pannels that we made out of 2X4's and welded wire but you could also you other materials like chicken wire which is less expensive. You could build something like this for the inside area. Then you could make there door with a run to the outside. I currently keep my chickens in a large sized coop but I could move these pannels around inside a barn to a corner, only needing two. I also use them in gates as you could see in the pictures below.

And heres some pictures of my runs which come out of the barn and smaller coop. Some thing that I would change with my setup is taller fencing, at least 5 feet.

Built my coop inside my pole barn. Its working out great! Left some room on top didn't loose any storage area and it definitely cost me less than buying or building a separate structure.

Back
Top Bottom