Building coop with metal roof...use purlins or osb decking?

I use 5v, theres room for roaches, frogs, lizards, nothing larger. If you use the wave profile (which I hate, but is often cheaper), there's room for a palm rat every 6" or so...

Facetious. A mouse, probably not a palm rat. Not sure how thin they can squeze themselves.

5v:
5vprofile-1024x628.jpg

Wave:
images

(there's some variation here, in the height of the "wave" - I've seen everything from just 3/8" to almost an 1" in total height.

Last edited:
I use 5v, theres room for roaches, frogs, lizards, nothing larger. If you use the wave profile (which I hate, but is often cheaper), there's room for a palm rat every 6" or so...

Facetious. A mouse, probably not a palm rat. Not sure how thin they can squeze themselves.

5v:
5vprofile-1024x628.jpg

Wave:
images

(there's some variation here, in the height of the "wave" - I've seen everything from just 3/8" to almost an 1" in total height.
The "wave" type around here has enough of a profile for a weasel to gain access.

Ditto the above.

You did not say where you live? Bare metal in colder climates can cause humidity to condense and drip into your coop, not a good idea.
Interesting I’m in NH and we have a bare metal roof, we just went through our first winter with it and didn’t notice any issues. Hopefully that remains to be the case

Back
Top Bottom