building paradise for the birds

Pics
giving an update...I got the second door up so that coop is all done...the only one left now is the big coop which will be used for offspring of the pheasants...got that coop all wired in with the 2x4 inch wire and gotta finish it up with the chicken wire and hang the net and all done...I have been lazy with all the hatching and stuff around the house so I kinda took a break from the building....
got the rest of the pheasants all wormed...just waiting for the leg bands for the peafowl and I will worm them next...cant wait should be getting the five new peacocks soon and found a couple more pea hens that are of breeding age so well see if I get them as well....all Is going well here with the birds...I cleaned out the chicken coop and the pheasant coop and put in new straw...glad that's done...will be worming all the chickens and first set of pheasants again here on the 21st so I will be glad to have all that done so I can concentrate on the building of the brooders and rest of the incubators...man I cant wait....well here are some pics...going to be a lot....so hope you enjoy them
peach golden which I gave a foot soak in Epsom salt to today...that was interesting...she had poo frozen to her foot....so I figured I would get it off and wormed her too

my little birdy...I really enjoy these birds and cant wait for them to get their colors

joker saying hi to the baby chicks

2014 red golden male

2014 lady Amherst male

2014 lady Amherst pair

2014 yellow golden pair

same

2014 red golden females

same

2014 lady Amherst male

2014 silver golden female

2014 different yellow golden pair

male coop of the goldens....adult yellow is about four years old

same group of birds

same

same

same

2014 peach golden pair...which I will be getting another pair this September...and then I will split these birds up...so they are not brother and sister (even tho there is only 25 percent chance these birds are brother and sister...would help if some breeders would take the time and band them so they no were the bird came from)...bird on left is female right is male

another pic...bottom bird is female top is male

what I got done today....one more door on and the back side of the big coop is wired in...goal tomorrow is to finish...will it happen?

hopefully so

giving an update...I got the second door up so that coop is all done...the only one left now is the big coop which will be used for offspring of the pheasants...got that coop all wired in with the 2x4 inch wire and gotta finish it up with the chicken wire and hang the net and all done...I have been lazy with all the hatching and stuff around the house so I kinda took a break from the building....
got the rest of the pheasants all wormed...just waiting for the leg bands for the peafowl and I will worm them next...cant wait should be getting the five new peacocks soon and found a couple more pea hens that are of breeding age so well see if I get them as well....all Is going well here with the birds...I cleaned out the chicken coop and the pheasant coop and put in new straw...glad that's done...will be worming all the chickens and first set of pheasants again here on the 21st so I will be glad to have all that done so I can concentrate on the building of the brooders and rest of the incubators...man I cant wait....well here are some pics...going to be a lot....so hope you enjoy them
peach golden which I gave a foot soak in Epsom salt to today...that was interesting...she had poo frozen to her foot....so I figured I would get it off and wormed her too

my little birdy...I really enjoy these birds and cant wait for them to get their colors

joker saying hi to the baby chicks

2014 red golden male

2014 lady Amherst male

2014 lady Amherst pair

2014 yellow golden pair

same

2014 red golden females

same

2014 lady Amherst male

2014 silver golden female

2014 different yellow golden pair

male coop of the goldens....adult yellow is about four years old

same group of birds

same

same

same

2014 peach golden pair...which I will be getting another pair this September...and then I will split these birds up...so they are not brother and sister (even tho there is only 25 percent chance these birds are brother and sister...would help if some breeders would take the time and band them so they no were the bird came from)...bird on left is female right is male

another pic...bottom bird is female top is male

what I got done today....one more door on and the back side of the big coop is wired in...goal tomorrow is to finish...will it happen?

hopefully so
beautiful birds ya got there!!

what are you using to worm?
I used safeguard at 21/3tbsp per gallon for five days straight for the chickens...and all the pheasants got 1/2cc orally per bird....yes I handled all of my pheasants one by one...and put bands on them...and they will be handled again on the 21st and on the 29th for their second application...on the pheasants I used valbazen...and the chickens will get valbazen on their second dose...and I will orally give them there dose as well

Your birds are beautiful as always, cant wait to see them this weekend!! You wanted 3 dozen trader joe eggs right? Or did you have a whole foods or trader joes preference? We plan on going to both but dunno how fresh eggs will be, etc. And you didnt want any Blue Iowa, Chantecler or EEs correct?

sounds like a plan...I cant wait to get that coolerbator rocking and rolling....lol...try and get a variety if you could...thanks so much

alright more leg bands and more egg trays for the incubator came in today...I will be worming the peafowl shortly and banding them...that will be fun

Back
Top Bottom