building paradise for the birds

Pics
I really like the pea cocks! ^ Especially the white ones.
ya.gif

well everyone the day is going good...just got the plastic up around the walls and putting up the tarp on top..then plastic poly over the tarp..then move the silver goldens into the last pen...also just got done applying another layer of liquid nails to the cooler bator...one section left and after it drys then to the wiring and starting it up....and boom chicken eggs to be added....
problem being is that I cant find reg dc12 volt wire anywhere around here so online I go...and boom there it is five bucks for a hundred feet...I can do 20 of the coolerbators with that much wire...well putting the design together for the large incubator...and will post pics in a bit on how it will look like...till then later

it just a basic humidistat that works in the same principal as the digital thermostat...when the humidity is to low it kicks on and brings up to optimal humidity (whatever you set it at ) and then kicks off when it reaches that set point...very simple stuff....and very cheap...same principle as the large units work with just your building it yourself and saving a lot more money....

it just a basic humidistat that works in the same principal as the digital thermostat...when the humidity is to low it kicks on and brings up to optimal humidity (whatever you set it at ) and then kicks off when it reaches that set point...very simple stuff....and very cheap...same principle as the large units work with just your building it yourself and saving a lot more money....
How is the humidity generated?

How is the humidity generated?

there is two basic ways...one thru fogging and two thru misting...not sure which one I want yet...the fogger is about 35 bucks and the mister is only like ten...I might go with the fogger...but not sure..i have to do some tests on each...I will more then likely buy both and see which one works better...both work just like a humidifier...same concept just different ways of doing the same thing...
well here is some pics of the coolerbator all sealed up and another drawing of how the pens are set out and what is in each pen...thanks for watching almost done with the last pen....then I will move them in..the silver goldens

not really sure y it wont go the right way I tried several different ways of turning the image and it still wont so sorry

coolerbator all sealed up

inside coolerbator

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom