building paradise for the birds

Pics
put them in a different brooder double the size ....the new ones will be going into the original brooder...however i think im going to move them to the garage until im done with the hoop pen.....and then they will be going into the hoop pen...i guess wisconsin is supposed to get hit with four inches of snow over night...and i might get that in the morning ....so not to happy but going out to take some pics

well getting dark and figured i would post some pics of the progress since i havnt gotten to post very many pics....so heres some pics
you can see on the left corner the one that hatched...

Peach golden male on the left female on right...you can start to see the coloring coming in on his head..see the peach color...thats so cool...these birds are really stunning when they color out...well the males anyway...the females just stay that color

male on right female on left...this was the first day they got out to see there new coop...they have twice the size of an area now...i bet they will be happy with this

front part got the chicken wire on...so just doing the door inside tonight and the netting in the morning and then that will be done...thank god...as this cold has slowed me down....i think i seen a snail the other day pass me...

red goldens in there new pen

male red golden

oh boy setting 60 eggs....very soon

thats about it for the day

well getting dark and figured i would post some pics of the progress since i havnt gotten to post very many pics....so heres some pics
you can see on the left corner the one that hatched...

Peach golden male on the left female on right...you can start to see the coloring coming in on his head..see the peach color...thats so cool...these birds are really stunning when they color out...well the males anyway...the females just stay that color

male on right female on left...this was the first day they got out to see there new coop...they have twice the size of an area now...i bet they will be happy with this

front part got the chicken wire on...so just doing the door inside tonight and the netting in the morning and then that will be done...thank god...as this cold has slowed me down....i think i seen a snail the other day pass me...

red goldens in there new pen

male red golden

oh boy setting 60 eggs....very soon

thats about it for the day

Nice!!!
thumbsup.gif

put them in a different brooder double the size ....the new ones will be going into the original brooder...however i think im going to move them to the garage until im done with the hoop pen.....and then they will be going into the hoop pen...i guess wisconsin is supposed to get hit with four inches of snow over night...and i might get that in the morning ....so not to happy but going out to take some pics
We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow and freezing rain starting early in the morning thruout the day with a high of 39F here near Paw Paw .....
.....let's hope they're wrong!

Where are you located..near Lansing or farther north?

Do your pheasant pens have shelter?

all the pheasant pens are covered on the tops/roofs and on the bottoms up to about five feet....and im about three hours north of lansing....wisconsin is getting hammered tonight with snow about four inches i guess....so well see hope not....not looking forward to that...gunna have to bring more wood up on the front porch then

OK so seriously that rooster joke was probably one of the best I've seen in a long time.
The pens are looking great and are giving me framing ideas galore. Your pheasants look very happy and thats good news on the chick hatching, are there any more?. Just thinking about your numbers hurts my brain. Chicks moving out, chicks moving in, more going in the bator.
Keep up the amazing work.

there is supposed to be a bunch more hatching and 60 go into the incubator tomorrow....so well see and im adding some for the easter hatch along as well....well be at over 200 birds very soon....not to shabby

double post....lol night everyone...i got excited i seen my guy from china on....although i havent seen him post....hope all is well over there...

Last edited:
morning everyone.....great day it is...got about an inch of snow...not to bad....no frozen line....even better....and six baby chicks...i do like this hatcher....i think it also controls how much movement vertically they have focusing the strength to the feet...not sure if im saying that right but i will be able to tell if it made a difference when they get bigger....
here is some pics from this morning

this little guy was the first

thats what the tray look like when you pull them out

there is alot more pipping so im hoping for the best....seems like if you keep them in there for a day to dry off and get their legs sturdy they are alot more active when you put them in the brooder...hatcher back up to 64 percent....only took about 20 minutes so im happy...and going to set 60 eggs

Back
Top Bottom