building paradise for the birds

You need some jungle fowl. As wild a chicken as it gets.
i have a guy in new mexico that has different kinds...so well see...we have a deal working out for silver golden pheasants, and the peach golden pheasants...so i cant wait....

also UPDATE...on the cemani they are in michigan...could be here today....so im almost done with the new brooder...just got to hook up the lights and putting bedding down and feed...and then its waiting time....im so pumped...they are so nice at green fire farms...and very good with documents and the whole nine yards..very pleased so far...cant wait to get the package...i have never been nervous with birds before...and im so nervous with these and there not even here....i hope i can raise them and breed them well...looks like a challenge for sure..pumped...thats all i can say....

i have a guy in new mexico that has different kinds...so well see...we have a deal working out for silver golden pheasants, and the peach golden pheasants...so i cant wait....

also UPDATE...on the cemani they are in michigan...could be here today....so im almost done with the new brooder...just got to hook up the lights and putting bedding down and feed...and then its waiting time....im so pumped...they are so nice at green fire farms...and very good with documents and the whole nine yards..very pleased so far...cant wait to get the package...i have never been nervous with birds before...and im so nervous with these and there not even here....i hope i can raise them and breed them well...looks like a challenge for sure..pumped...thats all i can say....

:yesss:

i have been super busy...moved the quad of red goldens in with the peafowl to get them out of the way..moved more sand into two of the coops...now adding bedding and the lights to the new brooder...almost done...cant wait...i keep refreshing the usps site for tracking to see if anything has changed...ahhh...this is worse then waiting for the chickens to hatch....lol

Quote: lamonas are all white...i have never eaten them...as they are extremely rare...i havnt even seen the birds except for in a picture...my aunt knows the breeders of them...im not ready for any more birds right now...had to turn down a bunch of different birds...and eggs...like impeyan eggs for ten bucks cause i have no room...and two 2009 older peafowl males for 160 bucks....im missing out on all these deals right now...its crazy...but in due time...this is a great place to meet people and get great deals...thats for sure...well just gotta make the top for the brooder and all done...hour left till i get the cinnamon golden females so well see if they are on time...hope they are...have a great day everyone

i know a breeder that has four pens...hes not into raising the eggs of any of his pens anymore...and if your in the right spot at the right time....he gives crazy deals...he has close to 70 pens with birds...and im going to talk to him very soon to pick up an adult golden for my cinnamon goldens...he has people that buys his eggs outright and now im in line...if they dont want them then i get the ones left that he hasnt already gotten rid of...he said one of his pens didnt lay last year...
most people see peach goldens for 20 each...lets just say hes way lower then that...most people sell impeyan eggs for 55 bucks....this is how i will be once i am established...better to sell out before you have the stuff then left with stuff and then try and figure it out...most of the birds i have now when they produce will be grown out first to see how the offspring looks...i know this is going to take time...but i want to make sure there good birds....the only reason i was selling the golden pen i have right now is to make room for a new kind...and btw...hes giving me a buy one get one when i pick up the older adult birds from him...incase if something were to happen to one male i would have another...hes a great guy...if you ask around you will find that one seller/breeder that will just blow away everyones price....then you buy direct from that person

well update...here are some pics of the new birds...
peafowl and added some red goldens to their pen

chick pic

some close up...they were looking at me like what are you doing

new birds..cinnamon golden hens

just fresh out the box

red golden hen on left...and cinnamon golden hen on right

you can see such a huge difference

peafowl and red goldens

and the courtship has started

just wont give up

well that is all i have for right now...shall get out there to put up some new tarps the big one i put over the 20x20 shredded...so be back in a flash

@birdman55

I am curious... Is your goal to make a living raising and breeding .... Or is this a hobby thats become a passion....

deb

i love animals...have always been into animals...and its def a passion..if i can make the feed money back then im all for it...but not out to make a living...most breeders that i hang out with have told me time and time again....dont expect to make money on this...

however grocery stores are now starting to offer fresh quail...so who knows...if i can get a contract with a store that would be sweet....for sure...if not..ill be eating most of the birds that i dont want to breed...they will surely make freezer camp...

Back
Top Bottom