building paradise for the birds

its weird cause in the front we have no snow...in the back we have feet of snow...dont understand but i guess it is what it is....quazi passed today...i guess he didnt like the transition to the outside life...poor guy...i would love to comment on some other things but i have been warned to be nice on this site....lol....that is why i havnt been on here to much.....seems like when you voice your opinion you get a nice pm saying follow the rules...i am almost thinking about discontinuing this thread and just doing my own thing....however i would not be able to expand and reach out to the world with all the nice people on here....so sorry for not being on here that much its just been a headache and im sure you see the difference in time i spend and the pics i used to take and share compared to now.....so sorry for that...i will try and do better...there is alot of stuff that is sold thru here eggs/birds that dont have paperwork and people get away with...and then when you voice your opinion you get into trouble...so i have remained quiet and shy to come on here and post...anyways hope everyones day has gone well...just got the hardware cloth for the hoop coop....placed up the tarps on all the coops in the back....so been staying busy...also should be hatching 60 chicken and 51 quail eggs very soon and then shortly after that another 120 eggs....so i def have stayed busy...hope all is well...best of luck to everyone and best wishes...hope to see you around...if not then you know why i didnt show back up.

its weird cause in the front we have no snow...in the back we have feet of snow...dont understand but i guess it is what it is....quazi passed today...i guess he didnt like the transition to the outside life...poor guy...i would love to comment on some other things but i have been warned to be nice on this site....lol....that is why i havnt been on here to much.....seems like when you voice your opinion you get a nice pm saying follow the rules...i am almost thinking about discontinuing this thread and just doing my own thing....however i would not be able to expand and reach out to the world with all the nice people on here....so sorry for not being on here that much its just been a headache and im sure you see the difference in time i spend and the pics i used to take and share compared to now.....so sorry for that...i will try and do better...there is alot of stuff that is sold thru here eggs/birds that dont have paperwork and people get away with...and then when you voice your opinion you get into trouble...so i have remained quiet and shy to come on here and post...anyways hope everyones day has gone well...just got the hardware cloth for the hoop coop....placed up the tarps on all the coops in the back....so been staying busy...also should be hatching 60 chicken and 51 quail eggs very soon and then shortly after that another 120 eggs....so i def have stayed busy...hope all is well...best of luck to everyone and best wishes...hope to see you around...if not then you know why i didnt show back up.

Sorry about quazi. Who was it?

Any cemani yet?

Please don't discontinue this thread!

i dont want to say this on this thread....but the cemani/honas did show up...however i know alot of people...and found out that they were left in a unheated truck for more then 10 hours...and they all died....so i am getting a shipment again next week...i just put them in the garbage bag...i was warned ahead of shipment because they no how short fuzed i can be...and they didnt need any hassle at the post office so they called me way ahead of time.....tore them apart and viewed them all...very nice birds...but doa....and that is what i found out a whole day before the package was delivered because of the people i know...dead on arrival.....i am still steamed about the postal service...the eggs i got from quail and other chicken eggs were detached air cells and everything...they just simply dont give a **** about the packages...i mean when you see a package and it says keep warm and then you put it in a truck that is two hours from me....and it sits there all night what do you think is gunna happen in 30 degree temp....ahhhh...im so ....breathe...i have to leave before i get in more trouble for voicing my opinion....but i have pics if you would like to see them...indeed all black...very great customer service....very nice birds...very poor handling thru the mail...so i am having them overnighted...which will cost me another 200 bucks but im not taking a chance...and the less time in the michigan postal service...the better...i mean when a package is labeled hold at office and then the guy delivers the eggs to my door...need i say more...they could care less on what the package says....im done for the day....later

I'm so sorry. That really sucks. I had the same thing happen with mine (left overnight for NO REASON in the cold). They were only traveling 3 hours. Literally no reason at all for them to have spend 24 hours sitting unsorted in a truck in Sacramento.

i dont want to say this on this thread....but the cemani/honas did show up...however i know alot of people...and found out that they were left in a unheated truck for more then 10 hours...and they all died....so i am getting a shipment again next week...i just put them in the garbage bag...i was warned ahead of shipment because they no how short fuzed i can be...and they didnt need any hassle at the post office so they called me way ahead of time.....tore them apart and viewed them all...very nice birds...but doa....and that is what i found out a whole day before the package was delivered because of the people i know...dead on arrival.....i am still steamed about the postal service...the eggs i got from quail and other chicken eggs were detached air cells and everything...they just simply dont give a **** about the packages...i mean when you see a package and it says keep warm and then you put it in a truck that is two hours from me....and it sits there all night what do you think is gunna happen in 30 degree temp....ahhhh...im so ....breathe...i have to leave before i get in more trouble for voicing my opinion....but i have pics if you would like to see them...indeed all black...very great customer service....very nice birds...very poor handling thru the mail...so i am having them overnighted...which will cost me another 200 bucks but im not taking a chance...and the less time in the michigan postal service...the better...i mean when a package is labeled hold at office and then the guy delivers the eggs to my door...need i say more...they could care less on what the package says....im done for the day....later

Aww that stinks :hugs I know what you mean about them not caring.

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my svart hona's & isbars that were shipped last month as well. Heart breaking. I know how frustrated you must feel. They didn't even care to put them in the cab of the truck- guy said he couldn't. The ladies at my post office were miffed. Not to mention the overnight that took an extra day. What's the recourse? I feel bad for the farm with an arrive alive guarantee...

Good luck with your builds!

trust me the punching bag has so taken a beating.....lol....i mean there is only so many of these birds in the world and the poor usps killed 12 of them...oh you cannot imagine how loud i was at the usps...they actually had to shut the back door so i wouldnt be heard in the front....lol...but that serves them right...im mean ****...ahhh...im sweating right now just typing this...thats how much rage i have in me....and the usps neglect....is one thing to **** up a 100 shipment of day old chicks...that are garbage barnyard mixes.....but to **** up someones 2000 dollar shipment of exotic chicks that there is only so many remaining in the world is something else...and i wont keep my mouth shut...and i surely didnt...i got kicked out of the post office....not very many people can say they got kicked out of a post office before....

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my svart hona's & isbars that were shipped last month as well. Heart breaking. I know how frustrated you must feel. They didn't even care to put them in the cab of the truck- guy said he couldn't. The ladies at my post office were miffed. Not to mention the overnight that took an extra day. What's the recourse? I feel bad for the farm with an arrive alive guarantee...

Good luck with your builds!

i guarantee i will be the first person they call when my shipment shows up from now on....trust me on this one.....all the cops in this town know who i am and they dont bother stopping by.....they didnt even show up because they know me, at the post office.... fwwww....i put a heat wave under them.....and ofcourse all they could say was well we have no control over the shipments....well you have plenty of control over weather you place a set of live chicks in a truck that doesnt leave till the morning a day early rather then 30 minutes before the truck leaves in the morning....ahhh...ok for real im done

Oh no I'm so sorry! I can understand how upsetting that is! :hugs I haven't lost a bird from the PO... Yet. Again, very upsetting :hit

Pictures would be nice... I may order from GFF, we will see...

well you asked for it
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
DONT LOOK BELOW IF YOU DONT WANNA SEE DEAD BIRDS
WARNING

CLEARLY ALL BLACK BIRDS....VERY NICE...hope i have a better luck next time result....this is what 2000 dollars in dead rare birds looks like...if you didnt like the picks well i warned you above not to look

Back
Top Bottom