building paradise for the birds

I think what birdman has started in this thread will survive his absence. He will after all return.

He had better any how. In a few short months I'll have a stable of several hundred laying quail. This is only possible because of his donations.

I fully expect opportunity to repay his generosity. Returning it both to him as well as other people who are like him .

I have enjoyed following birdman. I hope his thread stays active until his return.
It will be here when he returns, active or not, he can find it.......
.......and when he does commence posting again, anyone who posted will be notified in their subscription list.

I have butchered silkies in the past. There is not much to eat in that package. In my opinion they should be bread out for size. Possibly even, dare I say it, crossing with the above mentioned birds.

I think we all gained value and inspiration from him. I know I did. I can't imagine how he got everything done like he did ! Impressive. Let's keep his thread alive~

thanks everyone....figured i would post my last group of pics...here are some going away pics... i will surely miss everything and everyone....you can tell my dogs are farm dogs..they like to keep the heat off them...as for me i guess i just attract it...hope everyone enjoys the birds that have been donated...ps its so quiet here....oh yeah...and im getting within the next couple of days a different bloodline of the hmong chicken...leaving but still cant say no to getting more birds...ahhh....i will miss you guys very soon...and thanks gail for the psyanky eggs they are great hope you enjoyed all the eggs i gave you that day...
Kris...will miss you big time. Just finished emptying the last of the eggs you passed along that day. Call me anytime, you have my number. In my life I have had the best of times, but also the absolute worst. Just when you think things can't get worse...surprise. But, keep your faith, it will see you through. A door may have closed but a window will open. You are too kind and caring of a person not to come out on the upside. At least PM me if you get this before you move on. Want to make sure you are ok.

Alright. I have a question.

The black meat of the hmong. Svart hona and other birds have a certain cultural value.

Would it be the same if I were to breed silkies up to an edible size??
they do have bigger normal silkie sizes and we processed almost a hundred of them...they were more black then the all black expensive birds....which i would suggest to anyone not to even bother with...the more people in america have their hands on them the more they will be mixed...stick with the importers and go from their..cause people on here (byc) hate to say it will actually oil up there bird and then sell it to you and then a couple of months later you will have a bird that doesnt look anything like what you bought...i talk to alot of people on here and i did get a pic from them with the original bird...when they got it and then i got it a couple months later and wow...not sure what this person did but wow what a difference when everything wore off...truly amazing on what people will do to make money and the lengths they will go to ****w someone over...as i have went thru some of the experiences when i first started but you just have to learn from them....i thought i was at a good point and then bam...the new hmong chickens we got are very pretty however i believe they are mixed at some point. im very picky as anyone can know..and you can breed back thru the generations and get almost a pure specimen thru selective breeding...so well see what happens but i did get them for free...i just hope that one day i can give back to the people and yet again be there for them....maybe one day...i begged mom to move up here so we could expand but there was no luck on that....we bought this property for my parents retirement and when they dont even wanna move up here it says alot about the community...anyways thanks for everything everyone...hopefully next week goes well but for now im still here...and thanks for all the pms im truly thankful for all the inspirational stories and support..you guys are the best

Glad you have this extra time to post Kris, even if it is short for now, never know what the next day will bring. Wishing the best to that end. Its also great to see the amount of support here and it seems everyone is on board with keeping this thing going until your return.
Attimus

Back
Top Bottom